Warning: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/psychos/web/psychos-gaming.na.rs/public_htm/forum) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/psychos/web/psychos-gaming.na.rs/public_html:/hdd/home/psychos/web/psychos-gaming.na.rs/public_html:/home/psychos/tmp:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/var/www/html:/tmp:/usr/share:/etc/phpmyadmin:/var/lib/phpmyadmin:/etc/roundcube:/var/log/roundcube:/var/lib/roundcube) in /home/psychos/web/psychos-gaming.na.rs/public_html/forum/Settings.php on line 60
Final Battleground to close on Wed 28th July
PsYcHoS Gaming
March 28, 2024, 10:33:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit PsYcHoS Gaming on steam! https://steamcommunity.com/groups/psychos-gaming

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Final Battleground to close on Wed 28th July  (Read 2123 times)
Pretender
Administrator
Legendary PsYcHo

View Profile WWW
« on: July 27, 2010, 08:24:18 am »

Quote from: "[FBG
D1gN1tY"]It is difficult to articulate what Final Battleground has meant to both to me and the other members of Demonic Gaming. Over the last four years we’ve dedicated so much to the service both professionally and personally that it’s pretty much impossible to quantify the cost either financially or emotionally. Nonetheless, it’s been a remarkable experience to have turned the mad and unique concept of Final Battleground into a reality and I have great respect for the friends and colleagues within Demonic Gaming that have helped make it all possible.

When we started, we had a vision to build a unique world in which Counter-Strike players and communities could interact in a way that had never been done before. With most of the team having experience in running clans, servers and communities, we wanted to not just dream about this unique world, but to actually build it. Unfortunately the fact that we are making this post means that we never fully realised that vision.

There are many reasons for us being at this point and we are disappointed that the support from Valve, which had looked very promising earlier on in the project, never came. We later found out why when we discovered Valve had hired the services of a local third party to build their latest ‘awards and achievements profile system along with server round-end stats’. While this development could never provide all that Final Battleground did, its release undermined the economic viability of Final Battleground and we knew the game was over.

From the very first day that we released Final Battleground on Sep 17th 2007, we strove to offer the very highest standard of service. Over the years, we are proud to have assisted thousands of server owners and admins in setting up and maintaining their game servers and helped countless clans and communities form and develop, responded to the ideas, queries and requests for help from what would eventually amount to well over 60,000 registered players spread over 3,000 clans worldwide and helped make Counter Strike:Source into a more interesting and engaging experience.

On behalf of everyone here at Demonic Gaming, I’d like to thank each and every one of you that has participated and contributed something positive to Final Battleground and especially so to our Supporters, who’ve never stopped encouraging us and compelling us to make the service the very best that it could be.

As of Wed 28th, we’ll begin processing refunds for all of those with any Supporter time still outstanding, the site will come to a close and the Final Battleground site will no longer operate.

What happens after that? Well it’s been one hell of a journey but for Skitz, Br41n and myself, another one has just begun! We have already started working on a new project called: 'Antares Prime', a completely independent game for the PC and the Xbox 360. Our new vision is -as you’d expect- a very unique one and without too much reliance on third parties. We’ll be working on building a truly quality experience that focuses heavily on gameplay. You can view more information on this at our new site: http://www.krookedgaming.com

We’ll also be maintaining a FBG Hall Of Fame at Krooked Games, where you can check back to view a summary of the final FBG stats and achievements accomplished here, something that can always be referenced in the future.

You’re all more than welcome to follow us on this exciting new project and if you’re not interested... well, hey – you can go fuck yourself can’t you? Haha – just kidding.

Play hard, have fun and farewell from the Demonic Gaming team!
http://www.finalbattleground.com/forum/2/topic/24756/

For all things comes to an end...
:(

Pindakaas
PsYcHoS Supporter
PsYcHo rocker

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 04:15:56 pm »

R.I.P.  :!:

Get A Life Go Play Counter Strike <3
Pretender
Administrator
Legendary PsYcHo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2010, 05:54:12 pm »

Man, that was such a great project. It's a bloody shame. I've actually made some screenshots because i will really miss FinalBattleground.

MadMan
PsYcHo rocker

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2010, 08:43:16 pm »

Rest In Peaces FBG! :(
MoM
Global Moderator
Legendary PsYcHo

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2010, 03:32:44 pm »

It costs a lot and VALVE didnt support them, but instead they built their own achievement system. So iam not suprised they had to close down.

I have been banged by Pretender.....and i liked it <!-- s]

''A life, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.''
Pretender
Administrator
Legendary PsYcHo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2010, 01:01:30 pm »

Exactly MoM.
Well, Dignity did wrote that FBG was never officially supported from Valve as 3rd party application and they've never established proper contact with them. Valve just doesn't like competition and they don't want to sponsor anything. Probably they felt like these guys would be stealing money from them just for making fancy statistics so they've found a way to ruin them.
Maaaan all those months and years of coding are lost -.-

SouthSide
Legendary PsYcHo

nicklasfledelius@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2010, 01:11:27 am »

Too bad, R.I.P my good stats XD

Pedr0: Ej du en klovn.. Så kigger min far på min computer, og hvad dukker op nede i hjørnet "PATTER ER ALT"
GO TRANSLATE IT BITCHES!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: